Wednesday, September 26, 2012

page 3 pencils

The title page emerges on page 3, and the title was the last thing to come into place. It came to me in a flash 15 minutes ago; they often do just appear after days of fruitless thought. Still confused? The story WILL connect by page 8, at least in terms of how these elements relate and what is happening. Sort of. This is a good example of how things evolve, almost none of the dialogue on this page is as it appeared in the script. The only surviving line is "put down that meat cleaver!" Much of it was altered to express that they were looking into kitchen by splash panel. I thought I'd be able to express it visually, but it got too busy. Figured a way to do it through dialogue. This is how i have always done it, and why it is difficult to work with a writer. I edit on the fly, constantly, to fill in details or set a stage or even just alter dialogue to fit in the space. Damned near impossible for me to be comfortable with a writing partner, unless they surrender total control over finished product.
I will be adding some hand lettered screaming to lead into "run for your lives"



No comments:

Post a Comment