Friday, March 23, 2012

From the OLD BLOG!

MERGING the best of the old cattywampus blog with the new!


Blogging is harder than I thought! The toons were well received so I will take the easy route of posting more toons of mine that have been barely seen, if at all. Let's go wayyyy back and check out some 80s cartoonery of mine. My drawing and lettering skills were nothing to brag about but I have nothing bad to say about my own writing!

Some of these appeared in J.R. Riley's Comic Informer. JR was an early advocate of my stuff.

This is of course TV's Batman and Robin of the 60s..


HERE is a very filthy comic about Superboy's first boner. This is one of the funniest goddamn things I ever came up with, and my feeble execution of the images fails to ruin the fun. I have tried to redraw this many times, even as a Flash cartoon. The correct version would have to ape a late 50s Superboy comic perfectly. George Papp style. Maybe someday it will be done the way it was originally conceived. I used to think it too dirty for mass appeal, now it is barely rude enough for the Cartoon Network.
Here's the SECOND attempt, the first existing as rough scrapbook pages.



Concerned about D.C. dragging me into court, a THIRD version got scratched out as Mightyboy!!












No comments:

Post a Comment