Monday, September 12, 2016

The Turkey Process

Sorry to have been so neglectful of my blog. What I've been drawing can't all be shared, and in fact I haven't been drawing all that much.
Here for those who like such things, is the process I stumble through when I create a color drawing...


It starts of course with pencil, paper and vague idea. I try first to capture the "emotion" of the scene in quick sketches till I see one I like.. I did this one first:








I took a second try and wasn't crazy about it.


I didn't really like that better so I went back to original and changed the poses, ending up with this final "rough" with better arm gestures and background critters



Then, I place the scan of the pencils into illustrator and ink them using a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet.




Finished inks are then exported to Photoshop and colored as shown in the animated GIF below.


Exported photoshop image goes back to illustrator for final text. So there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment