Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Not Much Really

So how did I spend so much time posting my thoughts at Facebook? I don't have a dang thing to say here. How about an update on life without Facebook?


My vacation from Facebook is not permanent, I am simply experimenting to see if avoiding it helps cut back on my mood swings. So far, YES, IT DOES. I have been watching the same pages I used to post on, and seeing the same things but not responding allows me to forget the irritation or trigger fairly quickly. So it doesn't get under my skin, I don't spend any time regretting posts, or formulating arguments in my head. This is indeed helpful.


It's a side effect of being jobless. When I am re-employed, no doubt I can Facebook without letting it become so "important" to my disposition. But as my only source of less-than-surface human interaction 6 days out of 7, it was helping me lose it, lately.


I am "missing out" on photos and drawings shared by friends and family. I look at them and so want to comment, and don't, unwilling to break my own rule so soon. However, if I can learn to be more like sis and niece - post an occasional picture, joke, link - and very little "serious" content, just fun - Facebook will be more of what it originally was for me. A fun place to be funny.


Today is a good day for 3 reasons:

http://bites.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/24/8467559-7-crazy-gut-busters-for-national-greasy-foods-day



3 comments:

  1. Glad you have found some peace Tom! -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, glad you're listening to the cues. I need to do more of that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopeful. And yes, I use it as entertainment and a way to keep in touch other than email.

    ReplyDelete